The Senior School Experience

The Senior School Experience

INFO
stories
top
moments

The Senior School Experience

Girls and boys join the Senior School from our own Junior School and from a large number of prep and primary schools across south-east London and beyond.

Moving from junior school to senior school is a major milestone in a child’s life. Parents and children alike may feel nervous about the transition: so many new people to meet, new buildings to navigate, and new subjects to delve into – it can seem overwhelming! However, our relatively small size allows for new students to settle in very quickly. We help them along the way by running a New Joiners’ Induction Day at the beginning of each Michaelmas Term during which the College is open only to new students. During the Induction Day, students get to know their Form Tutors, subject teachers and classmates as well as how to find their classes and College facilities. With small class sizes, excellent pastoral support and plenty of friendly and helpful returning students, children quickly make friends and find their way around the school.

The warmth and friendliness that students experience and find so welcoming and appealing when they first visit is only magnified when they join the school and become part of a happy, relaxed and vibrant community.

The diversity of our community is such that we feel particularly well positioned to offer an education that allows every child to develop as an individual, feeling increasingly at ease with themselves and others. Our education seeks to match academic challenge and rigour with a genuine breadth to the educative experience, offering all students the benefits of an outstanding co-curricular programme and innovative curriculum, whilst all the time being nurtured and encouraged by our caring and inspiring staff. There is a strong sense of community cohesion in the Senior School, as there is in the whole College, and we all work together to ensure that every moment truly matters!