The Sixth Form Experience

The Sixth Form Experience

INFO
stories
top
moments

The Sixth Form Experience

Whether you are joining us from another school or are an existing student, the Sixth Form at St Dunstan’s College provides the ideal environment for you to complete the two most important years of your school career.

The Sixth Form years at St Dunstan’s are special – they are a time when students take-on increased responsibility for their own learning and work in close partnership with teachers, who help them to develop a rounded maturity, resilience and strength of character. This equips them for the challenges of the world beyond. It is an exciting time of change and self-discovery for all. The atmosphere will empower students in their pursuit of academic excellence, as well as encouraging them to play a full part in College activities and life.

At the heart of our ethos is an emphasis on supporting every student, as an individual, to develop their distinctive talents and skills. This philosophy has been the basis for our flagship Sixth Form programme – the St Dunstan’s Diploma. This is a flexible, innovative and exciting programme designed to inspire, challenge and assist all Sixth Formers to fulfil their unique ambitions and potential. It can be individually tailored to suit the needs, interests and goals of every student.

Overall, success in the Sixth Form is a fine balance between hard work, time for self-development and fun. High standards are set and students will be supported carefully to ensure these standards are fulfilled as they progress through their Sixth Form journey.

Mr N Fieldhouse

Assistant Head (Head of Sixth Form)

Download a copy of our Sixth Form Prospectus 2017/18