The Sixth Form Experience

The Sixth Form Experience

INFO
stories
top
moments

The Sixth Form Experience

The Sixth Form at St Dunstan’s is a friendly, rewarding and successful place to be.

Download a copy of our Sixth Form Prospectus 2017/18

Students transferring from our own Year 11 quickly welcome and integrate with those new to the College at Year 12 forming a strong, inclusive group of individuals, each working towards their achievement of his or her own Higher Education and career ambitions.

We expect our Sixth Form students to work hard and play hard, taking a full and active role in their chosen co-curricular activities that are often a welcome break from academic studies and so valued by universities and employers.

The Sixth Form does differ in routine from the other sections of the College with students being given more responsibilities and privileges. Students enjoy acting as mentors and role models and they often run clubs and societies younger students whilst still following their own interests and passions. Students also enjoy a closer working partnership with their tutors and their teachers.

We offer our Sixth Form students’ academic enrichment in the form of trips and visits, both in London, the UK and overseas, as well as regular outside speakers, recognised as experts in their fields. They also enjoy a range of social events throughout the year, culminating in the Sixth Form Ball in the Summer Term.

"Thanks for the Sixth Form - the best two years of my life so far. Thanks for creating an environment where I could flourish, bloom and even confidently enter my rebellious phase!" 2015 Sixth Form Leaver

We’re proud of what our sixth formers achieve – with the vast majority securing entry to their preferred university and studying an eclectic range of subjects and courses.