Admissions Process

Admissions Process

INFO
stories
top
moments

Admissions Process

The main entry points to St Dunstan's College are Nursery (age 3+), Reception (age 4+), Year 3 (age 7+), Year 7 (age 11+), Year 9 (age 13+) and Sixth Form (16+ post GCSE).

Admission to the College is competitive at all levels and depends on academic ability and the demonstration of potential. There is no formal assessment for admission to the Nursery. Our entry processes are specially designed to help children show us what they can do and we always take great care to put candidates at ease, so that they can perform to the best of their ability.

Occasional places do become available in other year groups, so do contact us if you are considering a change of school, or you are moving into the area mid-way through the school year. We are particularly used to accepting and working with international re-locations, with families who are either moving back to the UK or who are considering an education in the UK for their child. The diverse and international make-up of our College community makes us particularly attractive to families in this situation.

Nursery

We accept registrations for our Nursery from birth, and early registration is advised. Children are considered for entry to the Nursery provided they have reached the age of 3 by the start of the Michaelmas Term. The first 50 applicants are invited to interview in the preceding Michaelmas Term. We will hold a waiting list of 30 applicants thereafter.

If you have any further questions concerning your child joining our Nursery, please email Mrs Rosemary Scard rscard@sdmail.org.uk or telephone her on 020 8516 7225.

Click here for the Nursery registration form.

Reception

Our 4+ assessments for September 2017 entry will take place on Saturday 12 November 2016.

Deadline for submission of registration forms is Friday, 14 October 2016.

Our entry process is specially designed to help the children show us what they can do and everything is undertaken in a thoughtful, caring and friendly manner. During the assessment we ask children to:

• Listen and respond to a story
  • Draw a picture
  • Match letters and words
  • Play memory games
  • Discuss shapes and colours
  • Follow patterns

The children will also be assessed in small groups to assess social skills. Parents of successful candidates will be invited for an interview during November and offer letters will be sent out in December.

If you have any further questions concerning your child joining us in Reception, please email Mrs Rosemary Scard rscard@sdmail.org.uk or telephone her on 020 8516 7225.

Click here for the Reception registration forms.

Prep

Entry into Years 3 to 6 involves an assessment of the child's academic achievement and potential, an evaluation of their social skills and consideration of school reports. Year 3 group assessments take place in January prior to entry and focuses on numeracy, literacy and social skills. 

Our 7+ assessments for September 2017 entry will take place on Wednesday, 11 January 2017.

Deadline for submission of registration forms is Friday, 2 December 2016.

Assessments for other year groups are arranged throughout the year and include Mathematics, English, reasoning and social skills.

If you have any further questions concerning your child joining us in Years 3 to 6, please email Mrs Rosemary Scard rscard@sdmail.org.uk or telephone her on 020 8516 7225.

Click here for the Prep registration form.

Senior School

Entry to Years 7 to 10 in the Senior School is based on entrance assessments, interview, school reports and a reference from current Headteacher.

All enquiries regarding immediate entry and entry for September 2017 should be directed to the Senior School Admissions Office on admissions@sdmail.org.uk or by telephone on 020 8516 7226.

Year 7 and Year 9 entry 2018

Registration for September 2018 entry opens at 0900 on Tuesday 6 June 2017

Registration for September 2018 entry closes at 1600 on Friday 1 December 2017

Details of the assessments will be published by Monday 5 June 2017

The Entrance Assessments for September 2018 entry take place on Wednesday 10 January 2018 

Examination Preparation Scheme (11+ entry only)

The St Dunstan's College 11+ Examination Preparation Scheme runs across three Saturday mornings in late November and early December and is open to children who have registered for a Year 7 place in 2018 and are entered for our Entrance Assessments. The 2017 dates are:

Session 1 – Saturday 25 November 2017

Session 2 - Saturday 2 December 2017

Session 3 - Saturday 9 December 2017

Sixth Form

All enquiries regarding entry for September 2017 should be directed to the Senior School Admissions Office on admissions@sdmail.org.uk or by telephone on 020 8516 7226.

Registration for September 2018 entry closes at 1600 on Friday 3 November 2017

The Entrance Assessments for September 2018 entry take place on Saturday 11 November 2017

The admissions process is as below:

• Two subject papers in subjects students intend to study at A Level
  • A verbal reasoning paper
  • A personal statement task

Following the entrance assessments, successful candidates will be invited into college for interviews as below:

• An interview with the Head of Sixth Form
  • A reference from the student’s current school

Parents will also be invited for an interview with a member of the Senior Leadership team.  Offers are conditional on students’ GCSE results. We require a minimum of six A* to B grades, as well as A grades or higher in the subjects students wish to study at A Level.