- Junior School
- Remote Learning
- Senior School
- Sixth Form
- Virtual SDC
Well done to everyone who is taking part in the PE Department's Strava run competition.
This week we have covered 2234km and have reached the Republic of Congo (Liouesso, near Odzala-Kokoua National Park). Our college total stands at 8564.86km.
- Forder - 2541.3km
- Hecker - 2461.5km
- Usherwood - 2175.3km
- Stuart - 1386.76km
Our journey so far:
1st week. London > France > Belgium > Holland > Belgium > Luxembourg.
2nd week. Luxembourg > France > Andorra > Spain.
3rd week. Spain -> Morroco -> Algeria (In Salah)
4th week. Algeria -> Niger -> Nigeria (Kano)
5th week. Nigeria -> Cameroon -> Republic of Congo (Liouesso - near Odzala-Kokoua National Park)
We are aiming to get to St Dunstan's College, Johannesburg, hitting multiple sports tour destinations for SDC in the past Amsterdam, Holland, Valencia, SA, Dubai, Andorra.
Congo's national sport is Football, but they also regularly produce great athletes and basketballers.
Some of the rising stars of soccer also are from the Republic of Congo, such as Sita Milandou who currently is a member of the Omani Giants, and Mael Lepicier Tsonga who is full back for the Belgian team Mons. Basketball and tennis are also rising in popularity among the young Congolese, mostly due to the success of various Congolese players like Serge Ibaka, who plays in the NBA (Oklahoma City Thunder) and won a silver medal in the 2012 London Olympic Games, and Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, whose impressive performance took him to the semi-finals at the Australian Open (2010) and Wimbledon (2011 and 2012).
7 ft 2 in (2.18 m), 260-pound (120 kg) center, who began his career with the Georgetown Hoyas, is commonly regarded as one of the greatest shot blockers and defensive players of all time, winning the NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award four times; he was also an eight-time All-Star. Dikembe also speaks 9 different languages.
How to get involved with the running club challenge:
- Send details of your walks/runs to Mr Corbin O'Grady via email or DM on Instagram to @stdunstanssport or message the chat in the Strava running club on Teams (if you'd like to be added, email Mr Corbin O'Grady)
- If you send a picture of you on your walks/runs, your score will be worth double!
- Commendations flying out for good walking/running efforts
- If you walk/run with your family members (including pets), their score also counts.
- Junior School walk/runs count as DOUBLE scores.
- Junior School Cycles count towards the total